YOUR TRUSTED EXPORTER
Animal welfare is at the heart of our livestock exporting process. We are guided by local and international animal welfare standards and work hard to ensure our animals are looked after throughout the entire process.
Importing livestock is a significant investment and everyone involved prioritises animal welfare to ensure the animals arrive in the best condition possible.
HOW DO WE ENSURE THE WELFARE OF ANIMALS DURING THEIR JOURNEY?
- Animals are managed under the OIE Terrestrial Code published by the World Organisation for Animal Health
- Animal welfare management follows programmes developed between government bodies and exporters and meets requirements agreed with the importing country
- Veterinarians and quality assurance technicians supervise animal management throughout the export process
- All vehicles used to transport animals are cleaned and disinfected prior to use in order to maintain the animal health status
- Government veterinarians inspect ships for approval before animals can be loaded and if they have any concerns they will not allow animals to be loaded
- Veterinarians and stock handlers travel with the livestock on board the ship to their destination country and intensely supervise and provide their care throughout their journey
- Sufficient food and fresh water are provided on the ship for the livestock during their journey and beyond in case of delays
- Ships are stocked with medication and materials for various treatments